Friday, November 5, 2010

Unit 9: XML (11/8)

Muddiest point
I can not tell you how scary this is and I always hoped there would never be a need for me to learn it. Everything seems muddy to me at this point and I just hope I can get it enough to complete Assignment 6. Can you show me an example of what I might need to know this for as a librarian?
Comments 
Reading Notes

      Martin Bryan.  Introducing the Extensible Markup Language (XML) http://burks.bton.ac.uk/burks/internet/web/xmlintro.htm
 Thank you fellow classmates for helping me find and access this. The article was based on the background of XML and it structure. I was confused though ….what students according to the BURKS would need this? Is this entirely out of date?
 Uche Ogbuji. A survey of XML standards: Part 1. January 2004. http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-stand1.html
Once again this article or should I say articles went way over my head. With no background in this it has managed to scare me even more should I need to prove capable. However there are good solid tutorials and did give use examples and I will store this away for future reference.

 Extending your Markup: a XML tutorial by Andre Bergholz PDF
This article had some great examples as well and made the differences between HTML and XML a little clearer. Of course one again for one with no background in this area it is so much to try and grasp all at once.
The article like the one we read last week had clear and concise tutorials. I think the basics are here. I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment