Friday, October 29, 2010

Week 8 Reading Notes

These articles were clear and well written even for one that has a tendency to glaze over at the prospect of learning something in such a foreign area.  Hyper text Mark up Language (HTML) uses a set of mark up tags to describe web pages.
Web browsers ‘read’ documents and interprets them as web pages. I bookmarked the tutorial along with the list of tags for future reference. I can see where I might need to use this information in the future.
I really enjoyed being able to try out some of the examples and it demystified the process for me.

Beyond HTML Developing and re-imagining library web guides in a content management system
By: Doug Goans, Guy Leach & Teri M. Vogel

This article was about a study that was conducted at a large University Library on the benefits of using a content management system (CMS). There were many of the details that were lost on me, but the overarching theory is that the CMS model allows libraries to retain control of publishing their web sites while clients can tag content. The conclusion stated the transition to CMS was positive and that its use would expand to other areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment