Saturday, October 23, 2010

Internet and WWW Technologies (10/25) Week 7

Sorry for the brevity I had this all typed out and went to search something and came back and it was gone! So now I am doing it over in word and will cut and paste.




Great graphics! Easy to understand and quick video. From the inception the Internet free and accessible by all has grown exponentially. Finally a nuts and bolts picture of how the Internet works.

 Andrew K. Pace (2004). Dismantling Integrated Library Systems. Library Journal, 129(2), p.34-36. Full Text



This was an interesting and timely article for me. My library system has just gone through the process of finding a new ILS and will begin the changeover, spending several months preparing for a smooth transition.


 Sergey Brin and Larry Page: Inside the Google machine.
    http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/sergey_brin_and_larry_page_on_google.html 


Finally the answer to the burning question....Seriously, these guys clearly explain the Internet connections and what they are working on. This is a bit dated and I have seen it before  but it is a real concrete look at the Internet.  I would like to see what the Internet world looks like now.


 I think the company is incredible. What a dream job that would be. I did not realize the extent of their charitable contributions. Also this is a great example of project management and organization.

Lots of good humor and enjoyable to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment